API testing is the type of software testing. This testing involves the verification of Application Programming Interfaces that are referred to as APIs. API testing ensures the applications’ performance, reliability, security, and functionality.
API testing is quite necessary as it is done to check the working of the applications. This helps to check whether the application is right and free of bugs. This is efficient testing that involves better testing of the applications. API Tester does the API testing. This testing is efficient, so it is considered better than GUI testing.
Types of API testing
There are different types of API Testing. Some of the most common styles include
- Fuzz testing
- Penetration testing
- Security testing
- Reliability testing
- Load testing
- Functional testing
- Validation testing
Benefits of API Testing
API testing is considered one of the best and most efficient for applications. Users and applications have different benefits from using API Testing. Some of the most significant benefits of API Testing are as follows.
- API testing gives access to the application without UI.
- Users can interact with the system with the help of API testing.
- This testing checks the functionality of the applications.
- It also helps in the code-level testing of different applications.
- API testing helps in the early evaluation of the applications and their functionality.
- AI Testing is better than GUI testing.
- API testing is language-independent testing.
- API testing helps in the early detection of the bugs so that they do not cause bigger problems.
- API testing helps to save effort and time.
These are some of the most significant things you need to know about API Testing. These points are enough to conclude that API testing is quite beneficial for successfully executing the applications.